Feel free to upload these images to your social media pages with our link
- Mollusks Clams, Mussels, Oysters, Shrimp.. Other Mollusks High in Iron; Oysters , Cuttlefish , Whelk, Octopus , Mussels, Abalone and Scallops.
- Liver; Pork, Chicken, Turkey, Lamb, Beef
- Squash and Pumpkin Seeds. Sesame, Sunflower , and Flax Seeds.
- Nuts; Cashew, Pine, Hazelnut, Peanut, Almond Pine nuts, Hazelnuts, Peanuts , Almonds , Pistachios, and Macadamia.
- Beef and Lamb (lean cuts are preferable).
- Beans and Pulses;White Beans, Lentils, Soybeans, Kidney beans, Garbanzo beans (Chickpeas) and Lima beans, Navy , Black Beans, Pinto, and Black-eyed Peas.
- Whole Grains, Fortified Cereals, and Bran Iron, Quinoa, Oatmeal, Barley , Rice , Bulgur , Buckwheat, and Millet. Try to choose fortified cereals and those from whole grains but be careful to avoid the more advertised brands as they can contain high sugar content. Bran from whole grains can harm absorption of iron supplements.It is important to remember to avoid whole grains if taking iron supplements.
- Dark Leafy Greens; Spinach, Swiss Chard , Cooked Turnip Greens, Raw Kale, and Raw Beet Greens.
- Dark Chocolate and Cocoa Powder
- Tofu without added calcium is better for iron absorption as calcium can inhibit the uptake of iron.
Natural Cures Not Medicine