Back and Neck Pain is the leading cause of disability worldwide. It is estimated that over 6 million people suffer with lower back pain, and over 3 million with neck pain around the world.
Most people use medication to get relief from back and neck pain. However, in recent years more have been turning to natural remedies to alleviate symptoms and even cure them.
- Yoga helps by improving strength to targeted muscles and muscle groups. As it is designed to be relaxing, yoga can be ideal and is considered a gentle form of exercise, using concentration of the mind to work the muscle groups.
- Acupressure can help relieve symptoms of back and neck pain. It has been used for thousands of years and studies have shown that many people who have used this form of treatment can be relieved of their pain for up to six months or more.
- Gentle Massage is great way to relax the muscles in the back. It can be even better if you have a friend or loved one who is willing to help out.
- Exercising the stomach muscles can actually aid support to back muscles, especially the lower back, Improved muscle tone to the lower abdominal region can be particularly beneficial.
- Valerian Root is a wonderful herb to help ease back pain. It works by helping to relax the muscles and is known for it's sedative effect which can help encourage a better night's sleep when suffering from back pain.
- Cramp Bark helps alleviate back pain caused by muscle spasms or cramps as the name suggests. It has also been successfully used to relieve period cramps, which have also been linked to back pain.
- Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory properties thus aiding in the reduction of back pain caused by muscular issues.
- Devil's Claw is an African herb which has been reported to ease back pain as efficiently as prescription drugs. It works by relieving pain caused by inflammation.
Other related posts by Natural Cures Not Medicine
Medicinal Uses and Health Benefits of Cayenne Pepper
The Best Foods For Strong Bones
Step One: Don't Panic - Stress Kills