Natural Cures Not Medicine: Why you should eat lemon peels

Most Read This Week:

Why you should eat lemon peels


When you squeeze a lemon, are you throwing away the most valuable part away?


The skin of a lemon literally has 5 to 10 times the amount of active nutrients as the juice of the lemon.  Salvestrol Q40 and limonen, which are present in the peel, are known to be potent anti cancer agents.  The flavanoids that lemon skin contains have are believed to suppress the division of cancerous cells in the body. Of course the peel is loaded with vitamin C which is referred to as the detox vitamin for its ability to cleanse the blood system of harmful free radicals, preventing tissue damage, inflammation, and lowering the risk of developing heart disease.  Lemon skin can also be eaten to help detox and improve the appearance of skin.



Read some more of our posts:

Natural ways to beat a hangover!


Why water should be the first thing you have when you wake up.


The Best Anti Aging Foods


Surprising olive oil facts and uses





Natural Cures Not Medicine
Nutrition is nature's health insurance.

13 comments:

  1. as much as possible, until you cannot eat anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no doubt in my mind that we poison our own bodies by eating all the processed food we do. I recently had a huge spike in my blood pressure - strange because there is absolutely no family history of high BP.
    My doctor advised against salt and took me off Diclofenac (an anti inflammatory) which I was taking for my psoriatic arthritis. Paracetemol was prescribed instead.
    BP jumped around a bit but didn't get down to acceptable levels until I went back on to salt. But this time I used unrefined salt. Within a week my blood pressure was down to 130/78 and has remained constant since.
    I do not even take the Paracetemols anymore unless I have a severe attack of pain. Been good for days now and expect this to keep improving. I have suffered for nearly 20 years so I am pretty excited about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 24/7 in France: I love lemons but had not thought to eat the peels (other than zest in recipes) - will try this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. when you say eat the peel, is the yellow outside thing? i didnt think that was edible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. by the peel is the outermost element on the lemon,aka the skin?

    ReplyDelete
  6. some recipes or ideas to make it palatable? the peel is so bitter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. any recipes or ideas to make it more palatable? the peel is so bitter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made fresh lemonade & just placed the empty halves in the dehydrator so they wouldn't go to waste. Reading this inspired the idea to dehydrate them & then grind them up & put in capsules to take several a day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I made fresh lemonade recently I was inspired after reading this to place the empty halves in the dehydrator, to be sure they don't go to waste. I intend to grind them to a fine powder & fill capsules which can be easily taken throughout the day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would it ruin all their lemony goodness to make candied lemon peels (as we do with oranges)? because that sounds divine...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wash my lemons really well, cut them in quarters, take the seeds out, put the lemons in the blender or smoothie maker and add a little water and pureƩ them as well as possible then add some of the mixture to my green tea and save the rest of the mixture for later to use as needed. Surprisingly, it's not as bitter as you might think. It IS a bit sour of course, but after adding it to your beverages, it's very good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wash the lemons really well, cut them in quarter sections, deseed them, then pureƩ the lemons in the blender or smoothie maker with a bit of water. I can then add some to my green tea or other beverage. It's not as bitter as one might think, however, it is a bit sour but very tolerable in my green tea.

    ReplyDelete

How do you feel about this?

Disclaimer:

Before trying anything you find on the internet you should fully investigate your options and get further advice from professionals.

Below are our most recent posts on facebook